"the possibilities for the use of current and emerging internet technologies in the education field are limitless, and there is so much potential to tap into. These tools can help educators and administrators engage students, improve learning outcomes, and enhance administrative productivity."
According to Walsh's EDUCAUSE biography (also available on his blog), he has been in the information technology field for over 20 years. Says Walsh, "I have been an avid user of Internet technologies for many of those years. In 2008 I began working for an institution of higher education, where I focused increasing attention on instructional uses of current and emerging Internet technologies. There is so much that can be done to engage students with these evolving technologies. I also feel strongly that educators should strive to be aware of these technologies, and to provide students with insight into them."
Some of Walsh's popular posts are:
- 30 Posts About Free Education Technology Tools & Resources
- 8 Engaging Videos Advocating Better Integration of Technology in Education
- 100 Ways to Teach with Twitter
- 5 Reasons Why Educators Need to Embrace Internet Technologies
- 10 internet technologies that educators should be informed about