I doubted him. I went to the library search first, then to Google scholar. I found next to nothing that was useful to me.
Then I went to regular Google and typed "digital leapfrogging." Here's what I found:
- An article about leapfrogging in Korean firm and digital TV
- Another article entitled "Myths of digital technology in Africa: Leapfrogging development?"
- A blurb about mobile phones on the Goldstein Report, "The best of technology news on the net"
- A news item from the Asia Times (unfortunately outdated but with the great title "Developing world leapfrogging the digital divide")
- A paper, The Role of Leapfrogging in the Future of Youth Work and Workforce Preparation
So, altogether, not the best sources but still informative.