13 November 2010

Progress and Reflection

On the whole, I think I'm doing well.

I've used the historical content to find new ways to think about Tibetans and digital literacy as well as other topics that interest me.  My post "Common Sense" brings modernism, Einstein's theory of relativity, the digital age, and Tibetan cultural preservation into an interesting blend.  In "Freud and His Discontents," I discussed Freud's theories, religion, and, again, Tibetan cultural preservation.  "Future Shock" is a musing on digital revolution, ideas from Darwin's Origin of Species, and Tibetan Buddhism.  Finally, in "Did You Know?" I compared swift technological advances to the diminishing American frontier of the 19th century and wondered if Tibetan students also feel overwhelmed by online information. This was Dr. Burton's challenge to me at the last midterm interview, and I think I've done reasonably well.



I also addressed computing concepts and digital culture.  When I reviewed Paul Levinson's New New Media I addressed specific elements of digital culture in relation to Tibetans.  My post "Game Theory" employed that computing concept to further our final project, pondering the potential responses to an interview request.

Digital labs show up in "Google Reader," in which I introduced a tool that helps me to spend less time reading blogs, a better way to consume information.  "Wordle: Text as Art" and "Prezi--Finding my Focus" are two instances in which I created a digital product and shared it on my blog.  I've continued to connect with Norbu through skype, I used my blog to promote discussion on my final project idea, and I posted a draft of my ORCA application and received some very valuable input from online connections.

Oui, c'est bien!

No comments:

Post a Comment