17 December 2010

Norbu's Answer

I am feeling all sorts of awful.  I really wish we'd been able to interview Norbu live for our digital civilization event.  I just got on Skype for the first time in a while, and Norbu immediately sent me this:


[12/9/2010 8:44:14 PM] Norbu: hiu there
Norbu: hi
Norbu: hi
Norbu: thanks for your help in spreading infor about Tibet n likewiase
Norbu: Here is the answer forthe Q you asked:
Norbu: What is the one thing that you want to tell the world about Tibetans?

- First of all, we’ve lost our beloved fatherland to China in 1959, since then we lived in exile for over 50 Years under the Leadership oh His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama. Whatever we are today is all because of the tireless effort of H.H.

- Secondly, we’re struggling with so many things here in Exile; from regaining our Tibet back to preservation of our Tibetan Language, Culture and Identity against the all odds of world of diversity and modernization.

- We are people under threat & we’re in despair. We definitely need your support!

- People of the World (esp. the World Leaders) there’s something called Humanity & Righteousness than mere Economic Development! You got to RE-THINK on the ground of truthfulness, humanity & genuine global issues concerning all people of world!

Norbu: thanlks to you all for enlightening others about the  Tibet and its cause...we really appreciate your help and continued support...


Kristen Nicole: Norbu
Kristen Nicole: you're the best

Norbu: hi

Kristen Nicole: how are you?

Norbu: am good n n?
Norbu: so u seem to be so relaxed after your semester completion...
Norbu: wats your plan...next?

Kristen Nicole: oh, I am going to have a Christmas break
Kristen Nicole: that won't really be a break :)
Kristen Nicole: but next semester I'll buckle down and figure out my project
Kristen Nicole: and then I'm coming to India in the summer

Norbu: oic

Kristen Nicole: I'm so sorry the live interview didn't work out! I wish you could have said all that to our audience
Kristen Nicole: it's brilliant

Norbu: well its..ok there's always next time..

Kristen Nicole: mmm yes
Kristen Nicole: did you get to see the video?

Norbu: ya
Norbu: its nice...

Kristen Nicole: oh, I'm glad you liked it!
Kristen Nicole: Norbu, I really should go to sleep because I'm tired and it's late
Kristen Nicole: but I'd love to talk to you another time!  have a great day

[1:21:36 AM] Norbu: ok good night

No comments:

Post a Comment