20 April 2011

Even More IRB and the Honors Thesis Proposal

I have an abundance of good news!
  1. My IRB protocol was accepted with changes!  I have 29 days to make the changes the IRB board requires and resubmit my protocol.  After that, I am cleared to begin my research in Dharamsala!  This is a huge relief equal to the huge burden that it was to write the protocol.
  2. I finished my honors thesis proposal and submitted it to Dr. Burton and Dr. Dean, the English department honors coordinator.  It is 25 pages long.  If you keep in mind that my IRB protocol was 24 pages long, you might become a little bit worried about the length of my honors thesis itself.  I guess I'm just long winded!
  3. Google voice.  Who knew that Google would change my life again?  Google voice is a free tool that "gives you a single phone number that rings all of your phones, saves your voicemail online, and transcribes your voicemail to text.  Other cool features include the ability to listen in on messages while they're being left, block unwanted callers, and make cheap international calls."  It costs $.02 per minute to call London and $.06 per minute to call India.  I am now planning to bring my cell phone with me so that  my family will be able to contact me in the case of an emergency.  We're planning to use Skype most of the time since it's free, but Google voice will be perfect for emergencies.
  4. I just booked my train and hotel for Paris.  I will be there for two days, speaking French with French people!
  5. I have a killer prep class final in five hours and a meeting right after that is going until midnight.
Okay, so number 5 isn't really good news, but it's the reason that this blog post is so short.  I just wanted to give some updates so that my faithful readers know what's going on with this whole project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment